June 2, 2021
On this episode, Dr. Haykin discusses the importance of friendship.
- How did the ancients view friendship?
- What does the Bible say?
- How do we cultivate friendships among those older/younger in the faith?
May 20, 2021
Join us this summer for the “Reading Augustine” online course with Dr. Michael A.G. Haykin.
This reading course focuses on three key aspects of the theology of Augustine of Hippo (354–430), arguably the most influential theologian of the Ancient Church. The readings explore his account of his personal pilgrimage (the Confessions), his Trinitarianism (On the Trinity), and his theology of history (On the City of God). Augustine’s interaction with Scripture and his perspective on living coram Deo in each of these areas of thought is especially highlighted.
$400 (For Credit – through Toronto Baptist Seminary)
May 25-August 24 | Tuesday 7:00-9:00PM (EST)
Register at www.hesedandemet.com/augustine
May 18, 2021
On this episode Dr. Michael Haykin discusses Andrew Fuller's relation with his son, Robert.
May 8, 2021
On this episode, Dr. Haykin discusses Andrew Fuller in remembrance of his death on May 7, 1815.
April 27, 2021
On this episode Dr. Michael Haykin discusses Andrew Fuller as a Father.
April 20, 2021
On this episode, Dr. Haykin discusses apologetics.
April 3, 2021
On this episode, Dr. Michael Haykin answers some questions about the resurrection of Christ:
- What was the Graeco-Roman world's view of resurrection?
- What is the significance of the phrase "and he was buried" in 1 Corinthians 15:4?
- What is the significance of the empty tomb?
- How should the reality of the resurrection shape the believer?
- What resources on the resurrection do you recommend?
March 8, 2021
In this episode Dr. Haykin answers the following questions:
- How has church history impacted your own Christian life?
- What advice do you have for aspiring historians?
- How are you so productive?
- What does a typical week look like for you?
- How can the contemporary Christian help the future historian studying church history in 2021?
- Do you keep a journal, what do you include in it?
- How do you remember everything, and do you have any systems in place to help you with later research and recall?
- What are helpful connections you’ve had with scholars across disciplines?
- What are some hazards to avoid in the study of church history?
- What is your favourite place on earth?
- If you could have tea with any figure from church history, outside of the Bible, who would it be and why?
March 1, 2021
In this episode of Bede's podcast, we look at some of the Augustine's works.